Structural engineer with 3 years of experience. Experience in the detailed design of large and complex superstructure projects is highly preferred. Proficiency in using structural analysis programs such as SAP2000, Etabs is required.
Fortuna is looking for a teammate to join our structural engineering department.
This candidate will be responsible of:
- Being a part of the architectural / engineering design team for the concept development.
- Performing full range of structural computations in the design and analysis of concrete, steel, timber or other miscellaneous structures
- Creating analysis models and interpreting results for 2D and 3D structural frames
- Assisting with construction administrative tasks, including site visits and shop drawing review
- Understanding load paths for gravity and lateral loads and calculating applicable loads based on appropriate building codes
- Preparing design drawings, details, shop-drawings
- Preparing quantities, cost estimates, specifications, reports and other project deliverables
- Preparing technical studies and reports
- Performing other engineering duties as needed
- Communicating directly with clients and architects, to identify and help solve problems
- Attending plan check meetings with municipality / government agencies
The right candidate should be a team player, problem solver, decision maker, result oriented engineer. Ability to work independently, effective leadership skills with ability to positively interact with professionals, technical staff, and administrative staff is essential.
This job might require some travel including international destinations.
- BSc in Civil Engineering with emphasis on structural engineering is required. MSc preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of structural engineering experience is required.
- Candidate should have the board of engineers’ license in structures (SIM) or must be able to obtain in a reasonable time frame.
- Experience in the detailed design of large and complex superstructure projects such as domes, large span structures and freeform structures highly preferred.
- Proficiency in using BIM applications such as Revit, Dynamo Studio, Advance Steel, Navisworks is preferred.
- Proficiency in using structural analysis programs such as SAP2000, Etabs is required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
- Male candidates’ military service obligations must be either completed or minimum two years deferred.
- Advanced reading, writing and speaking knowledge of English language is required.
Please fill the form below to
apply this position