Minimum 3 years of BIM specialist / coordinator experience.
Implement new technologies and coordinate BIM software training for staff.
Coordinate and manage internal and external project team members on the subject.
Fortuna is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, technology savvy team member to help create our BIM department while implementing and managing new architectural/engineering/construction process and software technologies at our firm.
This candidate will be responsible of:
- Overseeing the implementation of BIM on new and existing projects
- Creating BIM execution plan and define BIM scope
- Creating architectural and engineering BIM models
- Combining multi-disciple models, including but not limited to architectural, structural and MEP/FP models
- Maintaining integrated BIM model, run clash detection reports and maintain issues log
- Participating in Design Review and Clash Resolution meetings
- Performing some QA/QC on design models and cleanup directories
- Preparing and asset tagging process in the 3D model; apply right cost coding to each element
- Preparing quantity and equipment takeoff out of the 3D model per cost coding process
- Generating shop drawings and material cut lists using the model
- Coordinating BIM software training for staff and monitoring staff BIM experience levels
Continually improving technical skills and knowledge through training and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations is essential for this position.
Candidate’s responsibility will include implementing new technologies, defining and learning new industry related computer programs and transferring knowledge to technical staff.
The right candidate should be a team player, problem solver, decision maker, result oriented professional. Ability to work independently, effective leadership skills with ability to positively interact with professionals, technical staff, and administrative staff is essential.
This job might require some travel.
- An AA degree in Computer Aided Design, or a degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture, completion of Construction Management Certificate Program, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of architectural/engineering office experience with minimum of 3 years BIM specialist / coordinator role
- Strong design, graphic and presentation skills
- Proficiency in using BIM applications including but not limited to Revit, Dynamo Studio, Navisworks is required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required
- Experience in Revit Structural / MEP is preferred
- Industry BIM certification (i.e. Revit user certification from Autodesk) is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Male candidates’ military service obligations must be either completed or minimum two years deferred
- Advanced reading, writing and speaking knowledge of English language is required
Please fill the form below to
apply this position